Cities are becoming increasingly important as the world's population continues to urbanise. As a result, urban centres across the globe face more pressures than ever before. This issue examines how cities can learn to become resilient in the face of such threats.
Themes in this issue include:
- How cities can adapt to cope with acute shocks and chronic stresses
- Should world cities be allowed to grow?
- How major events can catalyse city development
- The role of nature, in making cities healthy and successful
- Should cities be designed for our senses?
A2 iPad app
Our iPad version contains additional interactive features and is available free of charge from the Apple app store. Download your copy.